1. How do I configure SMC router for Webcam 1-2-3/Watchdog/NetCamCenter Software?
For more information, please visit http://www.smc.com.
You must have a static IP address assigned to this computer. To check the settings,
right-click My Network Place on the Desktop and then select Properties. The IP of the default gateway should be the Internal IP of your router.
To run webcam server, you will need to set up a "virtual server" in the router.
Access your router through a web browser by entering its IP.
You will be prompted for a login for your router. The default password is "admin".
Go to the "Virtual Server" configuration page in your browser.
Select an empty table, and fill the fields appropriately:
Private IP: The IP of the Webcam 123/Watchdog. This should be the internal 192.168.xxx.xxx IP.
Enable the port. Note: You must have a static IP assigned to this computer.
Private Port: The default Web server port is 80. If your ISP blocks port 80, please
change it to 8888
Click on Enter. You may need to
reboot the router to have the setting take effect.
You can then use the open port check tool to test the router.
If you wish to enable viewing by Windows Media Streaming, you need to add
another port. The default port is 81. Repeat the step above to enable the port.
1. Testing port forwarding inside the router may fail depending on the router model.
You may want to test it from the Internet. Or use the port check tool.
2. Port 80 may be block by some ISP or may not work with some router. If you've configured the router properly,
try port 8888. You need to change the web server port of Webcam 1-2-3/Watchdog as well.
You may want to check your router's manual for detail information regarding the port you can use.
3. You must have a static IP assigned to this computer.
4. You may need to reboot the router to take effect.
All rights reserved.
All trademarks are owned by respective company.