How to configure Windows XP / Vista / 7 to automatically logon
- Configure Windows XP to automatically logon
- Click Start. Click Run.
- Type in control userpasswords2. Press Enter.
- The User Accounts window will display.
- Click on the user name you wish to run.
- Uncheck the option Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer
- Click "Apply".
- Enter the user name and password you wish to automatically log on with, and then click OK.
After doing so, you will no longer be prompted to enter your password upon logon.
Configure Windows Vista or 7 to automatically logon
- Click Start and then enter netplwiz in the search box.
Click Enter. Or enter netplwiz in the Run dialog box.
- This command will load the Advanced User Accounts control panel.
- In the Users tab, uncheck the box Users must enter a user name and
password to use this computer.
- Click on the Apply button at the bottom of the User Accounts window.
- When the Automatically Log On dialog box appears, enter
your password and then click OK.
- Click OK on the User Accounts window to complete the process.
All rights reserved.
All trademarks are owned by respective company.